How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last? Teeth whitening is one of the most preferred and widely applied types of dental esthetic treatment. The reason for this, apart from the fact that most people would like to have an attractive smile with more shiny teeth is that the prices are more affordable than other dental treatments. There is more than one type of treatment for teeth whitening. There are a variety of products that can be purchased from pharmacies or markets however, none of them would be comparable with a treatment that is done in a dental clinic in addition the natural ways of teeth whitening that can be applied at home are less effective and might only last for a short term.
How long does teeth whitening last?
The answer to this question differs for each person. Teeth whitening can last for 2 years, or 3 years or it might just last for 6 months. Some factors can affect the lasting period of teeth whitening ;
- Drinking coffee, wine, tea, and similar dark beverages
- Colored foods
- Spaghetti sauce
- Foods with dark pigmentation
If you want to maintain the result of teeth whitening for a longer duration, you need to at least brush your teeth twice a day, and avoiding the factors mentioned above would help you to maintain the whitening result for a longer period. There is one more point to remember staining is inevitable.
How much can you whiten your teeth?
You can think of tanning and teeth whitening treatment as the same. Generally, anyone standing under the sun for long hours or going to solarium will get tanned. but the tanning color is different for every person. It is possible to achieve a noticeable result but definitely, the result of teeth whitening won’t be the same for everyone. Below we have compared teeth whitening at a dental clinic with methods that can be applied at home.
Teeth whitening at a dental clinic
- Approaching the result faster
- Highly reliable and safe
- Lasting for 2 or 3 years (this varies for each person)
- It will cost more than the methods that can be applied at home
- You need to search for a good clinic and get an appointment
Methods for teeth whitening at home
- More affordable pricing
- Without taking an appointment can be easily applied at home if you have a busy work schedule
- The result might last for a short period only
- The products that you may not be sure about their usage might harm your teeth and gums.
How to prevent teeth stains?
Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
Visiting your dentist regularly
Use dental floss to prevent the colored food to be stuck between your teeth
Avoiding foods and beverages that can cause teeth stains